If you’re anything like me, you can’t go past the skin care aisle without picking up something new to try out. Recently, I’ve ventured into more natural alternatives for and have discovered a new quick face scrub/mask that leaves my skin feeling amazingly smooth, supple and hydrated. Not only is it natural, affordable and quick to make – it requires three ingredients that are readily available the kitchen. Thats right, I said three ingredients from the kitchen and it’s great for all skin types (acne-prone, dry, sensitive, combination etc).
You’ll need a teaspoon, a small bowl for mixing and the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp Honey (preferably raw, but honestly – whatever you have at home is fine!)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar (doesn’t matter if its white or brown)
Measure ingredients into bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cleanse your face and pat dry. Scoop up the mixture using your fingers and warm slightly by rubbing your two hands together and apply to your face in a gentle circular motion.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Before rinsing, spend 1 minute massaging the mixture into your skin.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. (It’s unlikely that you’ll need to moisturise as the Olive Oil will remain after rinsing. If you’re not comfortable with that – use a gentle cleanser and moisturise as per your skin regime).
- Your skin will feel baby smooth, I kid you not.
You can also use this as a lip, hand or body scrub – just eyeball the ingredients to your liking and mix away!
And if you don’t have honey, you can mix just the olive oil and sugar for a quick scrub. Or you can use the honey by itself as a mask.
If you want to know more about the ingredients, keep reading below:
Honey: this amazing product has a tonne of nutrients and minerals that are so beneficial for your skin!! It’s antimicrobial and antiseptic which means it kills bacteria on your face. When mixed with water, it releases peroxide properties which helps to heal acne and acts like a humectant, which means it draws moisture to your skin. It will also help to brighten your complexion, scars and age spots.
Olive oil: this gem of an oil is fantastic for your skin as it penetrates deeply and moisturises without clogging your pores. It is very high in antioxidants which means it contains anti-aging properties. It can also be used as a treatment for your hair, body, hands and nails and will leave your skin feeling smooth and supple.
Sugar: the sugar acts as a mild exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and allows the combination of honey and olive oil to penetrate into the skin.
Hope you try it out, you won’t believe how amazing your skin will feel after you try it.